SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MVP Poll Details

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

New updated MVP poll
just all points ?
MVP Poll Details Vote_lcap0%MVP Poll Details Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
vote ?
MVP Poll Details Vote_lcap25%MVP Poll Details Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
tarag system?
MVP Poll Details Vote_lcap25%MVP Poll Details Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
kill / point / assist trophy ?
MVP Poll Details Vote_lcap50%MVP Poll Details Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
other?
MVP Poll Details Vote_lcap0%MVP Poll Details Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-06-03

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 pm

MVP TOP 3: i take a picture of each round and the one with most points in total will get mvp...ill place top 3 on warstats...youŽll be available to watch points kills and deaths....cant be arsed to type everything down lol sorry. if a member are interested in typing everything down let me know and he will get the job...

vote system : all members who played in the clan match will make 3 votes
vote 1 : the player who they think deserved mvp ...remember not just the stats but team play as well and all u can think of...did the player stay cool all game throw even we had a tough time without starting yelling or anything.
vote 2 and 3 : figure it out self lol.

changed my mind everybody vote on this mvp poll !

Last edited by on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

Male Number of posts : 46

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Hard to tell... I choose Top 3 because I had to make a choice. I like the 2 ideas though. The stats doesn't always reflect the game: if you steal a lot of kills you end up at the top for example or you can shoot everybody and end up with lots of assists --> Shadowknyte last night: 12 kills, 25 assists lol And you only get 2 points for 1 assist...
But most of the time it will be more or less accurate.

The voting system has its disadvantage as well. Maybe a player/team plays really good, but if the another team/players is/are at the other side of the map, they don't see much of it...

So maybe better take the 'top-3' for a start, and if some people afterwards think someone whose stats are not that terrible should be in the top3, they should be able to overrule the stats.

Anyway, whatever it will be is fine for me. Just to have an MVP award is a good idea for the competition amongst players of the clan.
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

Male Number of posts : 100

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: MVP   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm going to go with the MVP top 3.

The reason for my choice is that the other option puts too much time and effort in gathering votes of the rest of the members and often enough some people won't bother voting.

Another problem with the voting system is that the best player who could be causing alot of problems for the opposition may be out of site from the other team players therefor he won't get the credit he deserves.

I say that for now we stick with the simpler option of someone just capturing the top players details as at the moment it seems the most logical. I have a digital camera also so if xrave misses it or runs out of battery there will be a backup.

An example of what i'd like to see:

At the end of the round someone captures image of scoreboard

1. [SMC]gael700
2. [SMC]XRAVE
3. [DIK]HEaD
4. [SMC]BLOOD
5. [ASS]WIPE
...etc

So from the SMC clan, gael comes first (1) followed by xrave(2) and blood(3). Each position is denoted by a medal:1=gold, 2=silver & 3=bronze

The top 3 then get entered into the forum R:FoM leaderboard the person with the most points first. The points would be determined on each medal and its worth. So we could do 10 for gold, 7 for silver and 3 for bronze.

In the end the forum scoreboard could look like this.

Name Gold Silver Bronze Pts.
Siruik 3 10 3 109
XRAVE 5 1 1 60
Gael 0 0 20 60

If the points are level, medal status would determine the better as in xrave /gael situation

Could this work??

As gael said, the assists should be taken into consideration so the best way i can see to fix this is to give an assist award to whoever got the most

i.e. 1= gael .......... 2= xrave ..... 3= blood ........ Assist King = Shadow

What i will do tonight is try record everything using my camera until we agree on a suitable plan
Back to top Go down
SHADOW
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
SHADOW

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-06-05

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Cheers for putting me down as the assist king guys! I'm glad you remembered me lol. Thanks for making me feel welcome ahhh!
I think the top 3 idea is great as long as you don't mind taking photo's after every round!
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: agreed   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 4:58 pm

yeah i agree...its pretty hard to make perfect scoreboard with to many troubles ..but u guys are on to something.....

i like ur idea targ...

you got a point with the assists

here is an idea....in icehocky goals and assist give each 1 point ...why dont we take that into our score board?

but then again there is node captures etc...it goes on and on lol...but they give good points though....

hard to get it all in one.....

we could make a mvp top 3 points/kills/assist trophy thingy maybe...like this :

exsample :
point trophy
gael
smudge
tarag

kill trophy
smudge
tarag
gael

assist trophy
tarag
smudge
gael

what u guys think of that? ill add tarag and this one to the poll

Last edited by on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SHADOW
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
SHADOW

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Yeah good thinking guys. If we split it in to 3 catorgories with 3 medals in each then more members have a chance of getting an award. An example Xrave could get a gold for kills whilst i get gold for assists, but tarag could win overall on points and collect a gold for that. Unless someone has a cracking night and gets gold in all three catorgories. But that is just plain greedy lol...
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: MVP system   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Good input from everyone on this topic guys, however i think that it is quite hard to see the benefits of each system without actually having tested any of them. Here's a suggestion:

This week we have 2-3 clan games to play. How about me and xrave (and anyone else) capture the data and the end of the match and post it here.

Then one person calculates the MVP for each idea and then cast a vote to see which is the prefered one (or the one where i come top the most Wink )

I will do the one that i suggested,

xrave you do the ice hocky one,

ye others, take one from the list or if you have a better idea, follow that one, and after all the games we can submit.

What ye think?
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: poll continue   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 6:05 pm

yeah its hard i like urs tarag aswell as my new ponits/assist/kill trophy

cos then no one really cant complain...

lets say to 2 mvp exsamples with most votes we will tryout over the weeks

then we make a new poll only with these 2 mvp exsamples will run for 2 weeks the one with most votes will be the official SMC mvp system.

sounds fair?

ill run 1 system
tarag ull run other one

as i know we got digital cams.
Back to top Go down
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 6:06 pm

Maybe we'll suck that much we won't need an MVP but an WPN (Worst Player of the Night). How will we do that? Have to be prepared for everything... LOL
Back to top Go down
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 6:08 pm

XRAVE, I like your hockey idea as well, but wouldn't 0,5 points for an assist be better. Otherwise everybody will be walking around just trying to hit as many enemies as possible to get a 1-point-assist.

Lots of good ideas have been written here today. Could we only be so inventive at work as well... lol
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: lol   MVP Poll Details EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 7:53 pm

lol gael....
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 3:14 am

Oh well disappointing result last night....very unlucky.
Anyway, only managed to get the scores from the tdm game cause the result page for the meltdown didnt come up cause everyone left pale

Used the data from the two rounds we played to create a leaderboard to illustrate how i think it should look like

MVP Template

https://servimg.com/view/11316687/9

XRAVE, how do you directly insert image into the box without having to put in the actual link??

Meltdown Template

https://servimg.com/view/11316687/6

Round 1

https://servimg.com/view/11316687/7

Round 2

https://servimg.com/view/11316687/8
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: leader board   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:32 pm

goos stuff tarag......

havnenŽt found out to insert image without a link yet m8 Sad

maybe i should make leaderboard on the website instead.... i duno what u think?

if we choice your mvp system will u run it? you will be fully in charge of the mvp system then ... and if u cant play the match ill take a pic and send it to you
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 6:16 pm

Quote :
maybe i should make leaderboard on the website instead.... i duno what u think?

yea, that would make it alot easier to update

Quote :
if we choice your mvp system will u run it?

would definitely like to

The only problem is, which you may have noticed last night, is that it may be tricky to collect the results at the end of the game. The reason is that the games was setup for 4 rounds in which we each played 2. Therefor i couldn't get everyones details, only the top 10 players from each team after each round(not good if we have a bad round and only a few of us get in the top ten+hard to identify an assist leader).

The only way i can see this working is that when the game is created we only play one round. I can then gather the results by taking a picture and then someone can then create the next round.

If this is any difficulty for the other team, we can always say that we want to make a substitution or make another excuse.

Does this sound okay? Its best that whoever is familiar with creating the game (i.e.BLOODSMUDGER it seemed last nite) have an opinion on this.
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:07 pm

i got a digital video cam so i could record whole game and get all details
qustions is would it be a pain in the ass to record all the games....would be fun to make a smc ownage video of all the best clips or something...anyways i dunno if u r allowed to only play 1 round at the time ...CG rules we gotta follow im not sure though i need to go through all the rules slowly again lol....but its cool that youŽll run it....ill make this game mvp the whole team coz we dont got all details then from next game on june 8 we start with your system.

do you need me to record it ..let me know.

i made fixtures recaps and leaderboards on website now check it out
Back to top Go down
Bloodsmudger
SMC Leader
SMC Leader

Male Number of posts : 14

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:10 pm

Yes it sounds like a good idea m8, i was just going by the rules of CG with the 4 rounds, im sure if both clans could compromise the games could be set up slighly different, like when i had to set up the TDM in the mall the rules state 500 points. But im sure if it's agreed by both parties i could have made a 1000 point game, lol it was our first match and i did't want the other team to get all stroppy and say we breached the CG rules.
Back to top Go down
SHADOW
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
SHADOW

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Just a quick one. I looked at the MVP templates and i thought they was great. Keepup the good work guys and i'll be seeing you tonight.
Back to top Go down
Bloodsmudger
SMC Leader
SMC Leader

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:03 pm

I say shadow thats a nice looking tattoo you've got there lol, UP THE HAMMERS.
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:15 pm

Quote :
Yes it sounds like a good idea m8, i was just going by the rules of CG with the 4 rounds, im sure if both clans could compromise the games could be set up slighly different

All I really need to get this to work is the final score screen that usually comes up at the end of the game, not the top ten players screen that comes after each round which is what i had to do last night.

To solve this either:

set up each round individually and take a pic at the end of each round

or

set up one game with two rounds, when it finishes i can take the info and if its a draw, make one more round & again at the end i will get the info

What you think BLOOD??? Would this comply with the rules?
Back to top Go down
Bloodsmudger
SMC Leader
SMC Leader

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:30 pm

Yes m8 anything is possible, i think if we agree it with the other team we could make the game like that. The problem could be is when the other team makes the room, im sure it'll work out with a bit of communication.
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:46 pm

Cool, so the easiest method to do this would be to :

a. create a game
b. select minimum number of rounds that have to be played
c. if there is a tie, create another game with one round

so if its best of 3, first create a game with 2 rounds and if its a tie make a game with 1 round. Now that shouldnt be too hard for people to follow Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bloodsmudger
SMC Leader
SMC Leader

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:15 pm

Nope sounds good m8
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 12:01 pm

Quote :
XRAVE:would be fun to make a smc ownage video of all the best clips or something...
I wish there was a way to do this as last night I pulled off my 2 best moves:

1st one was on the US Lexington where i got a guy with a grenade when he was hanging in the air (using the vent) shooting people. My best grenade throw by far cheers

Second one was last night again. When playing large grimsby i saw 3 guys in a group and took 3 of them out with one shotgun shell. Was pretty pleased with myself after that king

Quote :
XRAVE: i made fixtures recaps and leaderboards on website now check it out

Do you want me to look after this XRAVE? I would like to do it but don't know how to insert the table in it scratch

Was thinking of having a main leaderboard on the main MVP page and have tabs with each clan that we have played. In each of these 'clan tabs' i can put the info for all the rounds. Could be a bit of work but dont mind cause it would be cool.

You could also have a box with the top 5 or sumthin on the main home page just to show people its there.

Quote :
BLOODSMUDGER: i think if we agree it with the other team we could make the game like that

hey BLOOD, can you send a message to the leader of the clan we playing on Friday just to mention how we want to do the rounds? Could also ask about increasing the kills from 500 to 1000 as last time the round was a bit too short
Back to top Go down
Bloodsmudger
SMC Leader
SMC Leader

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Lo tarag, ill send him a message saying could we have the room set up for one round at a time and could he leave it on the stats page after the round has ended for a few moment's, and ill also see if they want to change it to 1000 points instead. Is that right m8?.
Back to top Go down
SHADOW
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
SHADOW

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 5:42 pm

It's good to know that we have more in common than just being kick arse at resistance, we both also support the irons! WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MVP Poll Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: MVP Poll Details   MVP Poll Details Empty

Back to top Go down

MVP Poll Details
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next