SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Website

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Official Website Empty
PostSubject: Official Website   Official Website EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 pm

Hello peeps what you think of our official website and forum?

you can say good and bad things.

and let us know if u think its confusing or anything who will make it better or does it miss anything whatever you can think of plz post it here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

Male Number of posts : 100

Official Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Website   Official Website EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Hey,

Firstly want to say congrats to XRAVE for all the work he's put in constructing and maintaining both the Shadowfalls website and forum. They are pretty great for someone who hasn't made one before.

I don't think there are any problems with the sites but I will just mention a couple of suggestions which I think could improve the site.

Shadowfalls forum:

1) Edit the Shadowfalls homepage so that there only relevant information is present. This would include removing the pic of the ps3.
2) Priortise so that the most used, most important tabs are viewed first such as the chatbox
3) Placing the poll maybe to the top left as most visitors will not usually scroll down to the bottom of the page.
4) a calender would be great to have on this page also
5) Not sure if you can do this but is it possible to fill up the space on either side of the main paragraphs. A calender on the left and a poll on the right would be a suggestion.
6) I think the content present in the other tabs is good except for the Leaderboards one (just because its empty). I know this is my responsibilty and the difficulty with it is recording the stats and objections from other members who have different opinions on what constitutes a MVP. For the next few games i will record only kills, assists and deaths only in quad games as a dummy run to try and figure out how best to do this. With the quad games its easier to manage as there are no objective games.

Shadowfalls forum:

I personally prefer this website much more than the Official homepage as it looks great, is quite organised and easy to get around in, has loads of cool features and is great for communication with the rest of the members. I think the Portal tab is quite good for being able to see who is online and when the lastest threads were posted and for this reason i always go to this page first. Just a couple of suggestions for this website.

1) At the moment we only have a relatively few members using this site frequently and at the moment i think there are too many threads being started which are only short questions. Examples are, 'Who is gettin this game?' and 'Who is playing tonight?'. In response to these posts members reply with single word answers such as, 'i'm in' or 'i'll be def gettin that game'. I think it would be better to just construct a poll where the user can just tick in or out. It would also give the numbers of people who have done so which would give a quicker answer. Bottom line is that i think there are too many short threads out there.

2)Related to the first point and i think its been sorted out with the calender that was added today but i'll just suggest how it could be used. Firstly, it should have the date of clan matches. When you click on the date, you can see the names of the players who can play that game. Secondly for game releases and the names of people who will be gettin it. I know that the calender made brings you to the thread where people say whether they are in or not, or will be gettin the game or not, but i think just the player names should be there rather than a whole thread. Another way of doing it is that when you click on the clan match that a checklist comes up of all the players and if you are playing u click their name....actually scrap that cause that sounds like too much work.

Thats it from me. Sorry if i sounded a bit anal but its not meant to be.

Think you doing a great job xrave and i hope you keep it up cause .....its great

cheers
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167

Official Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Website   Official Website EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 9:09 pm

cheers for your post.

first of all i am thinking of making whole new one with another template etc....the thing about freewebs.com is that i have to pay for it every year or was it every month cant remember if i want all the goodies....and if no one uses the website i cant be arsed to pay for it but im changing it all over again also i made a other one test but then it will be new forum etc and kinda a shame losing the one we got but have a look here only a quick made sample i made tho

http://shadowfalls.csmsites.com/main.asp

have a look if u fancy ...also talking with my brother if he wanna make us a flash site which would be pretty cool.... but im not sure whats gonna happen but ill keep trying making it better ...i reckon close it down and only use forum?.

forum:
yeah i like it aswell also updated and learning how to use advanced content etc...i agree with everything you posted on the forum thing but its kinda same here pay and u get more cool content and im still learning on it aswell should be better as time pass by.

calendar:
im not sure if i can make it as u wish but ill give it a try though ill delete war room and people type their names if the can play in the calendar is that ok? if i cant change it ? or maybe people should just leave a note in chatbox coz u can look through archive ? anyways ill try to see what i can change and add to it.

poll:
the thing about the poll is a good idea but i cant see who placed the votes so i wont be able to set up the teams that way i can only see exsample 3 players will get rainbow six vegas.

portal: yeah the protal im quite satisfied with.

i think that was it i mite add more later ...and it makes me smile when people post here coz i spent many many hours on this and the website aswell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

Male Number of posts : 100

Official Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Website   Official Website EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Just had a look at the other template you have going and i must say it looks pretty good. Just the way the content is presented and the format used. Looks much more professional than the current one. Good job Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Official Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Website   Official Website Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Website
Page 1 of 1