SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weapon Efficacy

Go down 
+5
nemesisfury
SHADOW
Gael007
XRAVE
tarag
9 posters

Most useless weapon in Resistance?
Dragoon/Flamer
Weapon Efficacy Vote_lcap33%Weapon Efficacy Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Arc Charger
Weapon Efficacy Vote_lcap33%Weapon Efficacy Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Auger
Weapon Efficacy Vote_lcap22%Weapon Efficacy Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Bullseye
Weapon Efficacy Vote_lcap11%Weapon Efficacy Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Carbine
Weapon Efficacy Vote_lcap0%Weapon Efficacy Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Shotgun
 0% [ 0 ]
Sniper Rifle
 0% [ 0 ]
Rocket Launcher
 0% [ 0 ]
Grenades
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Does anyone have any use at all for the auger, dragoon and arc charger?

Usually, if i am holding one of these, and the enemy is holding anything else, i'm dead in double quick time. I don't think its my uselessness thats the factor as i rarely see any good opposition player using these weapons and people using them get shot pretty quikly. The one i hate the most is the Dragoon/Flamer as you can't fire when moving or else you will turn into the human torch and the only kills i've gotten with it is when i shoot a puddle of fire in the ground and wait for some blind fool to run into it.

The arc charger seems to be like a alien shotgun of some sort. Does anyone know what the difference between the primary and secondary fire is?

And finally, the auger. i'm not sure what the role of this weapon is in the online game. Maybe if you had unlimited ammo it could be of some use but in ranked games i'd rather take a bullseye / carbine.

Excluding the rocket launcher, the primary weapons that you need to excel at are the bullseye/carbine and shotgun. The shotgun comes into its own on maps which are tight and have plenty of corners (like the large grimsby) and when coupled with chimera rage, its hard not to be in the list for top 3 kills.

I think the introduction of some of the other single player game weapons would be more welcomed such as the backlash grenade and mine thrower.

Anybody have any views on this?????
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: weapon report   Weapon Efficacy EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 2:09 am

L11-2 dragon ...is my worst wep lol im shit with it havent been bothered to pratise the wep ..just couldīnt be arsed ....lol

the wep report :
L11-2 dragon:
press L1 : and u launch a vapour cloud.
press R1 : and u deliver a continous stream of vapour.

Auger:
press L1 generate a shield for you
press R1 : fire projectiles that drills through cover like walls etc.

Arc charger :
press L1 : target electrified enemies kinda of a tag but like like the bulseye here you need to hit the person with R1.
press L2 : to fire charge and electrifi enemies

note :u have to kill ur enemies fast or u r dead hit with L1 first then use R1

Last edited by on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

Male Number of posts : 46

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Would have to say Arc Charger and L11-2 Dragon. Nothing more frustrating then to be in a battle, no more ammo and the L11-2 Dragon that pops-up... No

Think I managed to kill myself more with the Dragon then enemies lol. This weapon looks only efficient when used against me Mad

Anyway, always happy when I see an enemy coming at me with the Arc Charger, way to hard to kill someone with that piece of junk. This weapon is on its best at mid-range, so stay far away or get real close.

I think the Auger is not that bad. I used to use it more before. Now I only use it to shoot people through walls. Wouldn't go into 1vs1 with someone with that weapon though.
Back to top Go down
SHADOW
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
SHADOW

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 4:50 pm

I think the arc charger isn't that bad at close range. If you rappidly tap R1 it puts the enemy down in 4-5 shots, as long as you actually hit them that is!

But the dragon, what a load of shit that is everytime I try to use it I end up as a bit of human charcoal lol!

The auger is ok when your chimera and you shoot people through the walls. Sneaky sneaky ha ha.
Back to top Go down
nemesisfury
SMC Sergeant
SMC Sergeant
nemesisfury

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 9:08 pm

The Dragon is absolutly SHIT. I dont think there are any points about it AT ALL. If all i have is the dragon left then my gravestone is being made. Althogh its quite fun on Campain as i like watching them Chimera without guns (which doesnt stop them biting you) burn to death. The arc charger is always a gamble as it overheats too easy. I must say though that if i had to chose any of the weapons even from Campain apart from the LAARK it would have to be the Bullseye MarkII as it just elimenates the opposition lol
Back to top Go down
Pain Compliance
SMC General
SMC General
Pain Compliance

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Dragon   Weapon Efficacy EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 am

Dragon is useful on tight maps against Chimera...charge up a full vapour cloud with L1 then if you run into one, let go and run backwards at the same time, finish by pumping some R1 flame at them as you move back...should be an instant death.
Works well on groups and snipers in windows with the vapour cloud if you can stay out of the line of fire aswell.

Auger can be useful on some maps, like Mall and USS Lexington where there's a good deal of cover/walls but a nice straight line between you and them, just pump a clip in the general direction...the more cover it goes through the stronger it is so occasionally it'll be a 1 hit kill with Auger Master skillpoint.
It's also useful on Rooftops down the alley by the house, if you're being followed hit up some shields, turn round and empty the clip in them.

Arc Charger is my worst weapon atm, the one weapon medal I've not got yet Sad Saying that if you can avoid being creamed in seconds you can take out a group pretty quick I found, apparently the L1 will spread to other enemies around the one you're aiming at? So a couple of R1's followed by an L1 can do the job well.
Back to top Go down
rockx
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
rockx

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 4:31 pm

There is a trick with the Arc Charger that'll allow you to kill quickly, useful if your going after the medal, although I aint got it yet either.

Get close enough to the kill, from behind is easier then tap the R1 button quickly and they should then be dead. Twisted Evil

Arc Charger is by far the easiest way of taking out a node in meltdown/breach three taps of L1 and the node is yours... I used this trick on Friday's Clan match against MX on the manchester map to quickly empty the node so they lost it.

With the dragon you have one hit kill by holding down the L1 button, but the beauty of it is that even if you miss and it ends up on the floor. if they step in it, then its instant death for chimera.. down side is if your chimera then suicides likely too... Mad

Auger's my worst weapon at the moment, but I find that by throwing shields up whilst firing at approaching enemy and moving backwards I tend to get the kill as they have to get through my shields and fire to get to me.. best in tight spots
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/dmk_rockx/index.htm
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 5:20 pm

hehe nice one ....i just got my 100 arc and auger kills now im way better with those weps now actually i love the arc now its a easy kill when one on one ..auger is quite good aswell if u use it right not like i used to play storm lol....the dragon tho i still dont like lol im getting the kills now but also im getting lots of suicides lol ....hopefully in a week i got my 100 drag kills lol
Back to top Go down
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

Male Number of posts : 46

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 6:10 pm

Who voted on the Bullseye as most useless weapon? scratch
Back to top Go down
rockx
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
rockx

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Laughing

That's actually the easiest to kill with.. and is my preferred weapon of choice...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/dmk_rockx/index.htm
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
SaipH-
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
SaipH-

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 7:00 pm

The flamer is only good against chimera. Set them on fire with your primary shot then change to any other gun to add a bit of damage. 99% of the time they are going to die before you, but you have to be close. The vapour cloud is good if you hit with it but if you miss your screwed.

The arc charger is only good for taking out large groups and nodes. When playing meltdown the arc charger is king, with secondary fire it will destroy a node in 2 shots and if there are any enemies around it will arc to them and kill them too (always handy). Against groups you really need to know how it works. Once an enemy has been hit with the arc charger they get tagged by it. This tag thing amplifies the damage of the next shot. Primary fire will tag the one guy you are shooting and arc to any others that are tagged near him. Secondary fire will arc around all that are close to your target (they have to be very close though).
Best bet to take out groups with the arc charger is primary fire the first guy to put a tag which will amplify the damage, then secondary fire him to hit him and put a tag on all his mates. Then primary fire the hell out of the first and most of them should be dead. For most this is (R1, L1, R1, R1, R1). However i voted this as worst weapon, if a big group is running at me i'd rather put a grenade on the floor and run away.

Alot of people hate the auger but i actually like the weapon. You only need 3 headshots with this gun to take a human down so if you get the jump on him you should be ok. I like to use the shield when on a long straight road where all the enemy is the other end just pop the shield and aim generally in their direction, they canonly frag you.

But the number 1 use for the auger is for the snipers. You can pop an auger shield infront of you and poke the end of the sniper rifle through. This allows you to shoot them but you are still protected by the shield! Great if you have an enemy sniper watching your position, he'll usually stay looking at you not being able to do anything while you shoot him.
Back to top Go down
Dav12
SMC Captain
SMC Captain

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: my worst wep is the l11 dragon it is so shit   Weapon Efficacy EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 3:56 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapon Efficacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Efficacy   Weapon Efficacy Empty

Back to top Go down

Weapon Efficacy
Page 1 of 1