SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guidlines for staying alive.

Go down 
+2
tarag
SaipH-
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SaipH-
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
SaipH-

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Guidlines for staying alive. Empty
PostSubject: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 12:43 pm

I can only keep harping on about team work for so long. We can win matches by just going all out to kill the opposition like we did against PSM but when we come up against an organised team we're going to find it very hard.
Being in a clan is all about the team work and watching each others back. I enjoy a win just like anyone else, but if its a win because we never gave away a single kill easily i couldn't be happier.
There are simple rules to help us avoid giving away easy kills and much needed points to the opposition (some may be obvious to some).

1. Dont be a loner.
If your running round by yourself you may well be good enough to kill 1 or maybe 2 before you die, but you will be injured and if there are two of them your gone for sure.
Even just sticking with one other person on your team can make the difference between life and death and give you them vital seconds after a fight to allow your life to regenerate. If there are two of you and you have taken a lot of damage hold back behind your team mate so he can take the next lot of damage but make sure your adding your bullets into the enemy. Your life will regenerate even if your shooting as long as you dont get hit.

2. Avoid a fight if your not in a position to win.
Dont go into a fight if your low on health or low on ammo or only have a gun that you are not comfortable with.
We must assume that the other player is of equal skill to us. This means if you have half your life and the other guy is full your going to be in trouble if you fight him.
In this situation i will usually know where my team mates are from checking the radar and will run backwards towards them while shooting at the person chasing me. You can do alot of damage while retreating back to a safe place and it draws the enemy into a certain death situation when he meets your other team mates. With a bit of luck you will either kill him or your team mates will before you die.
Once your life has regained then hes all yours, you've probably hit him a few times while running backwards and now the tables have turned.

3. Learn where to find your favorite weapons.
Don't be affraid to whore the weapons you can kill with. If you like the shotgun the most then learn the spawn and keep revisiting it so you dont run out of ammo. I know people get annoyed with shotgun whores but thats their trouble they should try to stay away from you.
You will rarely find me running around without a bullseye in my hand, i tag constantly. I know alot of people look down on this but frankly i dont care.

4. Time your reloading.
Reloading is not as much of an issue in this game as some of the others i have played but if you are forced to reload in the middle of a carbine fight your probably going to die.
You need to avoid this at all costs and with that in mind try to make the enemy make the same mistake. Make sure you reload after each fight and keep any eye on your ammo. If your enemy tries to hide behind something such as a tree reload while you are walking round to shoot him again.

5. Kill stealing / assists
If you are not in a fight yourself then your main priority is helping someone who is. No matter what weapon you have, if an enemy is fighting your team mate go and put a few bullets in his back. If you get the kill then thats fine, no one is going to complain that you are kill stealing, you probably just saved their life.

6. Watch the radar and stay off it.
The radar in this game is almost cheating. whenever someone runs they appear on the radar. if your up the top on summerset you can see them running below you and you can shoot them in the back quite easily, but make sure you dont run so they dont see you. The small radar in the top right is nice but i like to bring up the big radar often.

7. Defend our snipers.
On maps where snipers can be put to use its extremely effective if you defend them. Maps such as sommerset and lexington can be owned by a good sniper. If an assualt guy teams up with a good sniper the two of you can get some of the best kill to death ratios in the game. The sniper will get long distance kills, this adds to our score but really pisses the enemy off. Because no one likes being sniped that person will head straight for the sniper in a blind rage of fury and wont see the person defending him which leads to a second easy kill for the team.

8. Practise Practise Practise.
When i say practise i mean put all the above into action in every game you play. We could have the best tactics in the world but if we only use them in clan matches it wont work. We need to use them in publics and we need to create small games and use them against each other. Publics are ok but they're not competition, we can only advance if you play someone who is as good or better than you are.

Saiph
Back to top Go down
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 1:57 pm

Good post Saiph, well put together.

The only thing i would say is that being a loner is not that bad a thing if you play intelligently.

A good example would be in grimsby or nottingham. Usually in these maps, both sides spit up into two groups which constantly circle the map until they encounter each other and begin to attack. Usually these can take quite a bit of time. Often when i'm in such a group in these maps and know that ahead of my team there is a fight going on, i will break off and get in behind the enemy. If played intelligently you can get a couple of good kills and cause enough confusion that the rest of your attacking team can take out the rest quite easily.

This strat doesn't really work that well on other maps as it does these two just because of the map layout.
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 6:09 pm

yeah nice one mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

Male Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Yeah, we should starting to practise team work. Tonight would be a good time as it's practise night. lol

Hope will have enough people online.
Back to top Go down
rockx
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
rockx

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 pm

Headset are a must, Get yourself a cheap one if you aint got one yet from below..

Click for Good place to start for bluetooths

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/dmk_rockx/index.htm
tarag
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
tarag

Male Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 pm

I'll be there tonight. Teamwork is the main thing we have to practice, as well as doing a few meltdowns (have never played that 16player grimsby we played on Friday which isn't the best way to start off [aswell as being outnumbered]).
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 am

yeah lol i got lost all the time doh....team work is everything thats gonna be our pimary trining a long with diff. types of tactics.
Back to top Go down
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 11:18 am

Yep, still have a lot of work on the team work. Think we should work out some set plays for the Objective games. To set those plays out we need a private space on this forum that's only accessible by those who play clan battles frequently (for a start it could be Leaders, Co-leaders, Generals & Captains).
I don't want the tactics here on the open forum: if we have a clan battle coming, I'm quite sure there's at least one guy from the other clan that will check out our website, and if all tactics are explained... We could put some fake ones though. lol

Can you make something accessible to chosen users only XRAVE?
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 5:01 pm

yeah ill work on it later havent got the time atm.
Back to top Go down
Gael007
SMC Co-leader
SMC Co-leader
Gael007

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 5:08 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
Dav12
SMC Captain
SMC Captain

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: my best way to stay alive to have a shotgun in a room   Guidlines for staying alive. EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 11:52 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guidlines for staying alive.   Guidlines for staying alive. Empty

Back to top Go down

Guidlines for staying alive.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS :: SHOOTERS :: Resistance : Fall of Man-
Jump to: