SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sniper Best Positions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rockx
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
rockx

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Sniper Best Positions Empty
PostSubject: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 7:01 pm

All,

As I tend to use the sniper rifle a lot, I thought I'd share with you the best positions I've found by map for sniping..

Busyard

There's actually quite a few good spots on this map and not all of them obvious..
First lets deal with the obvious (Green circles on map).

In the office room where the sniper rifle spawns, good when working as a team, ideally two snipers in room with rest of team around the bus station itself. Only problem is is that this is the primary location for attacks from enemy snipers, this is the best obvious position.

On top of the Garage (Sniper Spawn point) again an obvious choice to snipe, however due to the fact that it is quite open it makes it easier for enemy to sneak up an kill, again a team circling the garages helps reduce this risk.

The Third Sniper Spawn point, as per the garage is open to close range melee attack from three different directions. Again a team based position.

Not So Obvious (Orange Circle on map)

Inside the garage where the bullseye spwans is a good position, until someone blows up the vechicles that is, enemy knows that the sniper has come from that direction but think that it is on top of the garage. Apart from windows there is only one entrance, making this easier to guard in team play.

Good Solo sniper points, or with minimal assistance from team.

There are two points on the map which will give quite a clear view for sniping.. one's better than the other mind (Red Circles on map)

Firstly at the bottom of the stairs looking down towards the garage and south part of the map.. The view's not brilliant but you can get a clear shot at those going for the LAARK and coming out of the bus station. With your back against the wall you prevent melee attacks.. only downfall is the exposure to the odd grenade lobbed at you..

The best position by far on this map is in the south east corner (south of the third sniper spawn point) and with the maximum coverage of the map. From here you can take out the three obvious sniper points, but you are also hidden from the not so obvious points. With your back into the corner melee attacks cannot happen, and with a couple of team members patrolling you can do a lot of damage to the enemy. I've got many 5 and 7 kill ribbons from this point.

See attached map..

Sniper Best Positions Bussta10
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/dmk_rockx/index.htm
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 12:03 am

nice post mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3
Pain Compliance
SMC General
SMC General
Pain Compliance

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 am

Sweet, nice to see someone making use of the maps Smile

As for some more (not marked on the map) if the other team is absolutely owning the back wall with snipers in Hanger grab the sniper rifle from the middle section, jump off and go to the very opposite wall (near the arc charger/spike grenade/40mm) then you can usually take them out without them being able to get you back http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3/Hanger16.jpg (very very right hand side)

Another good one is inside the Hanger section on USS Lexington, if you jump to the back wall inside you can usually deal some good damage on spawners down there, if you don't kill them then as they're jumping up they've got half/minimal health and they're fucked on the main deck Very Happy

Yet another good one is under the bridge on Somerset, no one expects a sniper when they jump down the storm drain, just make sure you have a buddy watching your back otherwise they'll stealth you given the chance.

As I said before does someone want to name each section of the maps so we all know where to go if they're camping/someone needs support?
Back to top Go down
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 5:07 pm

yeah nice one..

why dont you do it pain?
ill reward you

reward=rank general Smile
Back to top Go down
rockx
SMC Captain
SMC Captain
rockx

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 7:10 pm

I'll be adding some more to this, detailed description of each map as and when I can get hold of all images..

The Hangar

This map always turns out to be the sniper war building, in fact any one-hit-kill sniper custom games seem to be on this map

Spoiler:

Obvious points on map (locations 1 - 3, Green circles)
Spoiler:

Not So Obvious Point 4 (orange circle on map)
Spoiler:

Not So Obvious Point 5 (orange circle on map)
Spoiler:

Strategy Position point 6 (Red Circle on map)
Spoiler:

Strategy Position 7 (Red Circle on map)
Spoiler:

Strategy position 8 (Red Circle on Map)
Spoiler:

There are numerous other positions on this map. If someone wants to point one out then I will highlight it on the map attached, same goes for the busyard and any other maps I demonstrate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/dmk_rockx/index.htm
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 1:18 am

sweet can you plz post this in tactic room on the forum lads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Best Positions   Sniper Best Positions Empty

Back to top Go down

Sniper Best Positions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS :: SHOOTERS :: Resistance : Fall of Man-
Jump to: