SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan Match Tactics RFOM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
XRAVE
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Clan Match Tactics RFOM Empty
PostSubject: Clan Match Tactics RFOM   Clan Match Tactics RFOM EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 9:46 pm

Pain Compliance
SMC General

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Sat 23 Jun 2007 - 8:32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we all know what to do when it comes to Quads, take key points as a group and pick off strays on their own...
I think in a 4v4 we should work in pairs where possible...2 people can hold off 4 long enough for the other 2 teammates to jump in and help out but it means we can cover more of the map as a team which = more kills.

Subway:
I'd have 2 up in the air fuel grenade area upstairs (Alpha) and 2 patrolling the trains downstairs (Bravo) , one shout on comms from Alpha and Bravo can hit the attackers from behind to help out. Just rinse and repeat until we win.

Nottingham:
Alpha upstairs camping and Bravo hunting and flushing the other team into Alpha's fire upstairs. Again, one shout on comms from Alpha and Bravo can jump up for support when needed.

Grimsby:
I love this 4v4 for some reason, I'd have Aplha outside on the crates keeping cover and Bravo flushing out the enemy into their fire again...Obviously there'd be no lark on this so as long as Alpha keep an eye on spawners from the walkway/stairs it shouldn't present a problem.

Manchester:
This one is slightly tricky I find...I'd probably work on an Alpha/Bravo split again, either 2 camping at the house at the top or two at the Library...Obviously for the campers (Alpha) I'd have a sniper and support/protector, for Bravo I'd say try to flush enemies into the sniper's line of sight where possible.
If the other team keeps trying to snipe in the building at the top then if we control the bus/Library point out which window they're in to our sniper...If it's me I can usually take them out first time without them being able to see me through the leaves in the middle.

Somerset:
This is usually a free for all, but in pairs it should be easier...I guess Alpha tries to stay in the fort/inner fenced area and Bravo the outer...Obviously team up if the enemy groups for a big attack.
It can be worth having a dedicated sniper on this one, but 9/10 times the buggers are in cover/out of sight so you don't get many kills...assuming we want a sniper I'd grab the rifle to the right of the barrelled walkway (next to the vent), jump up and go to the end of the nearest walkway (not the one where the lark spawns, the other side) and aim at the fort's outer platform. Just watch out for grenades if you're sniping!

Thames:
Alpha/Bravo split again...Alpha camp at the bottom (with the spike grenade/dragon) and Bravo patroling. Obviously the same idea, if Alpha are under attack call in support. I find the 40mm highly effective on this one, just follow someone until they jump up a vent, jump up and boom.

tarag
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Sat 23 Jun 2007 - 9:36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Manchester:
This one is slightly tricky I find...I'd probably work on an Alpha/Bravo split again, either 2 camping at the house at the top or two at the Library...Obviously for the campers (Alpha) I'd have a sniper and support/protector, for Bravo I'd say try to flush enemies into the sniper's line of sight where possible.
If the other team keeps trying to snipe in the building at the top then if we control the bus/Library point out which window they're in to our sniper...If it's me I can usually take them out first time without them being able to see me through the leaves in the middle.

Is the library the building where the 40mm spawns? I thats the place you mean camping there is quite effective. Played a FFA with the CN clan there the other day and i could not get dislodged from there . The great thing about being in there is that anyone trying to come up appears on your radar before theres and when they running up the stairs you can give them a shotgun in the back or else a 40mm.

In large games i find that sniping up in the corner where the lark spawns is a effective area. If people are walking along the road headshots are easy to get. In that position u also have a view of the platform where the other sniperifle spawns plus at the end of the other road you can snipe into that 3 story building.

SaipH-
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Mon 25 Jun 2007 - 9:05

Not sure if i agree with the tactics there. The winning team is going to play harsh tactics including camping and really piss off the enemy. Also you can't flush the enemy anywhere, all sounds nice in war games but in resistance it doesn't work. The enemy will not run away from you they will chase you and if you think your going to live long by turning your back to them then we've just given 10 points to the enemy.

More than anything when we are online we need to practise playing 4v4 on 8 player maps. Stop playing shitty public games when we have enough on to do this! We need to define our tactics and then make 1 post which will be our tactics bible so everyone knows exactly what we are doing. Everyones suggestions are great but untill we have ironed them out by practising it they are useless. We need to be carefull not to make so many tactics posts that people will be confussed as to which to follow.

Nottingham - All 4 of the team need to controll the upstair portion of this map. Its very easy to kill the enemy when they come up the vents and we get the 40mm to shoot down at them with a few nades.
If we have 2 up and 2 down, then assuming the two at the top do their job all 4 of the enemy should be downstairs meaning our 2 down there will get murderd.

Subway - Its incredibly important to hold the top of this map, no other part of this map matters. 2 people in there will get overthrown by 4. We can have 2 i n there but the other two need to be close, not down the stairs.

Grimbsy - On this we need to keep moving. We need 2 teams of 2 constantly searching for the enemy. If we move fast then we can hit them before they have time to regroup after their spawn and that is the key. But we need to stick together. If this fails then there is a beautifull camp where 4 of us can shut off half the map inside the building just behind where the laark spawns. It means the enemy will be running at us through 2 doors and we have all the grenades in the world.

Manchester - We need to control the top section of this map, the road where the laark usualy spawns. Someone does need to camp the house with the 40mm. Its an awesome camp and i do it all the time. But if we put 2 up there they will have to watch the other 2 like hawks.

Somerset - This is most certainly not a free for all. If there are laarks then we need to control them points and not move far from them. If there are not then we need to control the fort. If we control the fort we have a central location for everyone to get to when they die. The enemy will then spawn all over the map and we will be able to pick them off before they regroup. Snipers will come in handy here.

tarag
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Mon 25 Jun 2007 - 10:45

Quote:
Somerset - This is most certainly not a free for all. If there are laarks then we need to control them points and not move far from them. If there are not then we need to control the fort. If we control the fort we have a central location for everyone to get to when they die. The enemy will then spawn all over the map and we will be able to pick them off before they regroup. Snipers will come in handy here.

There will be no LAARKS in the quad games. Another suggestion would be to have a sniper and have the remaining 3 members in sight so he can assist them. We'll have to try a few practice games just to see are these strats viable

rockx
SMC Captain

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Mon 25 Jun 2007 - 11:04

There is a good sniper point on somerset that is pretty much covered off from attack, unless some one sneaks up below you..

On the walkways where the sniper rifle spawns, but where the Air fuel granades also spawn you are protected either side by metal shields, the only way the enemy can get to you is either by walking along the walkway or from certain points from below.

If being attacked from below then you can easily move slightly and then can't get to you..

SaipH-
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Thu 28 Jun 2007 - 12:17

So many snipers try that against me then they hide behind the metal barrier. Easy way to kill them is to put a bullseye trap on the post behind where they are hiding ( by pressing and holding L1 then shooting your clip at it). Then explode that trap by releasing and holding L1 again. Thats one dead sniper... bitch.

I think we learned on manchester 8p last night that the winner will be the one who has control of the 40mm grenades. There are 3 on this map, one between the 2 vans near the theatre building, 1 by the building in the middle of the map and 1 at the futhest end of the map where the ruined buildings are. Control them and we'll win.

Subway is a must must must for controlling the upstairs section. If the enemy is controlling it your in for a hard time so get there quick. But if they do beat you then make sure we all go at the same time, not one at a time and load up with frags, hedgehogs and 40mms.

tarag
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Thu 28 Jun 2007 - 12:31

Quote:
So many snipers try that against me then they hide behind the metal barrier. Easy way to kill them is to put a bullseye trap on the post behind where they are hiding ( by pressing and holding L1 then shooting your clip at it). Then explode that trap by releasing and holding L1 again. Thats one dead sniper... bitch.

You'll have to do a demonstration for me saiph-, do you use that technique often or just in that situation?

Oh, and sorry i missed last night. Someone was leaving work so had to go for drinks, ended up getting pissed and when i got home i stood on my headset so now one side of it is hanging off . Not felliing so good now

How did ye do last night?

SaipH-
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance Fall of Man Quads Tactics: Thu 28 Jun 2007 - 13:54

I use it whenever i can't physicaly get to where they are and i'm out of nades. And it only works if they're trying to hide from you (which alot of snipers do if you start shooting at them) because it takes a while to load it up.
The places i can think of where i use it are, as mentioned in somerset when a sniper is on the walkway with the metal barries around them you can shoot it on the post in the middle.
Again on somerset in the woods at the two far ends of the maps up the top where you would go to capture the flag, the snipers hide in the rocks at the top but you can put a bullseye trap there and blow it up.
On hangar if the sniper is hiding behind one of the metal barriers there you can put a trap on the floor next to him and blow it up there.
Also usefull when waiting for the 40mm to spawn in the top of that building in manchester, place one at the top of the stairs and blow it up when people come up for you.
You can also put it on the base of flags and blow it up when people go to get it.

I've managed to kill 3 people with 1 trap before, they are pretty powerfull. But i would always prefer to walk up to the person and shoot them in the face.

I'll show you next time your on tarag its pretty easy to do, you just have to be carefull when you do it as your a bit vunerable.
SMC Leader
SMC Leader
XRAVE

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Clan Match Tactics RFOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Match Tactics RFOM   Clan Match Tactics RFOM EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 9:50 pm

XRAVE
SMC Leader

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Wed 20 Jun 2007 - 0:11

write all ur R:FOM tactics here please

Pain Compliance
SMC General

Subject: Labeled maps: Fri 22 Jun 2007 - 23:39

New updated maps with named locations:

https://2img.net/h/i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/pain_compliance/RFOM%20Maps/USSLexington32label.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/pain_compliance/RFOM%20Maps/Nottingham32label.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/pain_compliance/RFOM%20Maps/Mall32label.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/pain_compliance/RFOM%20Maps/Hanger16label.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/pain_compliance/RFOM%20Maps/BusStation32label.jpg

Obviously this is a work in progess...if anyone can think of better names for each section just message me or something with the map/original name and the new suggestion

I'll probably be doing more this weekend, most important I think would be CTF/Meltdown maps and the big 40p maps but I'll try to get some smaller TDM maps done too, again, suggestions are welcome!

Over the next few months I'll be updating them with weapon spawn points, tactical points (ie: places to snipe/camp/bottlenecks) and shading each "zone" a different colour (like the Nottingham one) so keep watching this space and again, if you know a good point tell me and I'll try to include it

tarag
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Sat 23 Jun 2007 - 9:41

Hey pain, is it possible to try and remove the background from the maps cause it would make them clearer.

Tried to do it for the hanger map by painting over it but it would probably be easier to take a pic of the map again when you are in a dark corner.

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hangerqr8.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img201/5550/hangerqr8.th.jpg

Also, you can get rid of the HUD by spectating a match which gives you the option to do so. You won't have any weapons on the screen also.

tarag
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Sat 23 Jun 2007 - 14:32

Have had a bit too much time on my hands this morning and ended up fiddling round a bit more with pains pics.

End result..........

http://files.filefront.com/hanger_slideshow.ppt/;7862599;/fileinfo.html

Let me know if if you can download it ok.

You need Microsoft Powerpoint to view it.

Open file, go to Slide Show tab and click on View slide show.

click on mouse to view each succesive animation.

And....................let me know if its looks any good cause i think i does

Pain Compliance
SMC General

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Sat 23 Jun 2007 - 23:00

Much clearer yeah...My first reaction was to fill in all the none map area but I found it annoying in PSP...the originals are on the "maps" page if you wanna clean them up? As I said I'm gonna work on more maps on sunday during the day so I'll have a go at making everything neater this time...probably redo the originals (although it hurts my unranked quits) Couldn't view the PP slide, PC is literally a shell beyond music programs so no Office

Gael007
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Tue 26 Jun 2007 - 15:19

Dudes, check this, someone made our lives easier lol:

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=26036.0

tarag
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Tue 26 Jun 2007 - 16:34

Excellent, good job finding that post gael

Gael007
SMC Co-leader

Subject: Resistance : FOM clan war tactics Wed 27 Jun 2007 - 8:55

Even some better ones: maps with weapon location and printer friendly! (lol) Don't have all maps though, but it helps:
[url]
http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=4998.0[/url]
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadowfallsps3

Clan Match Tactics RFOM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SHADOWFALLS MILITARY CONTRACTORS :: CLAN WARS-
Jump to: